Front Porch Makeover-Under $20






Saturday I decided to give our shabby (not in a cute way) front porch a mini makeover. The doorbell was cracked and needed to be replaced, the mailbox paint was chipping and the porch light was so dirty and so full of bug corpses that the light barley shone through. I really wanted to spend as little money as possible. I decided to start a series of projects that cost under $20. What better place to start than the front porch where everyone enters our little house.
Here is the to do list:
1. replace doorbell
2. paint mailbox and porch light
3. hose down spiderwebs and dirt
4. wash window and screen
5. clean front door
6. new doormat
7. new house numbers
So far I have 1-5 finished and I have spent $11.44 ( Rustolium hammered black and new doorbell). This week I am on a hunt for a cheap doormat hopefully black with scroll work. I am also going to search the bloggosphere for cute house number options. Here are a few before and after pictures. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. great transformation, love the pop of color your red bench gives your porch.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's awesome! Love the red!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky Jean,

    Amazing what some paint and elbow grease can do! Looks great!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's SUCH a great looking red bench. Love the makeover.

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mailbox looks so much better and I love all your plants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    Love your do-over, but the three beautiful babies out shine the porch,

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friends for taking the time to leave a comment, I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts