Root Beer and the First Day of School

Hi Friends,
I really haven't posted much about what my life looks like besides crafting, but I have decided that I am going to write about what we do around the hollow.
Today was our first day of school. I have a 2nd grader and a kindergardener that I teach at home. We did the usual math, reading and writing, but we also had a little fun and brewed our own root beer. A friend of ours asked what we did in school today and Jo said math and reading and when I reminder her about the root beer she stated that that was not school work it was fun. Woo hoo, my plan is working learning can be fun!
 If you want to try to make your own root beer there are many recipes out there but this is the one I picked because it had a root beer history and study questions at the end.


root beer extract, sugar and water 




Jo Jo holding her bottle of root beer
If you have any questions about root beer or homeschooling let me know. I would also love to know if you have tried making home made soda before and how it turned out.


TTFN, Becky

Comments

  1. That's awesome! Sounds like a great first day! And learning should always be fun! Way to Becky! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friends for taking the time to leave a comment, I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts