Upcycled Denim Quilt

I finished it!!!!
It only took 7 years and one day to do it, but I did it. I told my good friend that if she would cut the squares I would sew them together. Well she cut them and put them together and gave them to me and I put the box in the garage. It was lost in the abyss for a long time. I always thought about that quilt but always found another project to do. Truthfully I didn't have a sewing machine until last year but that is no excuse.
 I can't tell you how excited I am to finally be finished. It fells like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I know that my sweet friend will be so happy that she is finally getting her quilt and in all those years she never said any thing to me about finishing it.
Here it is Tif I hope you like it.


Hi friends, this quilt is so easy to make it just takes a little time. It is made out of old jeans and a full sheet. It is perfectly imperfect, the squares don't match up I think it really adds to the charm. If anyone would like me to post the instructions just let me know.


                                           
                                      





This is my favorite part of the quilt. There are back pocket patches that are great for holding you stuff when you are at the beach or park. 
I am posting at a bunch of great parties check them out in the side bar.

Comments

  1. Oh I'd love to know how you made it. It's so cute. I've seen them before and it's always been on my want to do list.

    Very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRILLIANT!! Good for you finally getting a-round-to finishing this project! It looks great!
    Thanks for linking up! I hope you have a fabulous week!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh!!!!!!!! What?! I want it. I want it. I want it. It is so beautiful, Becky. Those pockets are so sweet and I bet it's so warm. I was stopping in to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! I have to share this on my blog. Love it.

    Hugs,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good. You did link it up to air your laundry Friday. I didn't see it there originally but I hadn't visited the rest of the links yet (I usually do that on Thursday nights). Oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow seven years- great work to finish it and look so good.
    Love the pocket details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! 7 years is definitely a never ending project!

    Thanks for stopping by the Free for All party!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous quilt. you done a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the perfectly imperfect. It is just as it should be and very nice, she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is certainly a fun quilt. Love all the different colors and the pockets are just wonderful!
    ~Kimberlee
    www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stop the press I am frozen to this page.I love the quilt!I am so gettin started on mine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friends for taking the time to leave a comment, I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts