From firewood to folk art




My friend John brought over some firewood so we could roast marshmallows the other day. Thank goodness we didn't roast those marshmallows, because then I wouldn't have this awesome American flag. This was the easiest craft just wood, paint and nails. The best part is the wood was already painted white. I even let the kiddos hammer in a few nails.
I am now ready for the 4th.
God bless America, land of the free and home of the brave!
I pray it will always be that way.
Trivia question: How many men signed the Declaration of Independence?

Linking up with:

Comments

  1. Fantastic project! I love the old wood. Yay for not roasting marshmellows! Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for the tip on the chalk pins!! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the coolest flag I have seen....so vintage! Love the "white" stripes that you left natural. I might even break down and put a flag somewhere!
    ~~Nancy~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore the worn look of this! Such a great piece and the fact that it is reclaimed wood is all the better! Fantastic job! I'll be featuring this today. Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks again for joining the Sunday Showcase. Hope you have a fabulous week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so totally cool! I love it!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by & commenting, Becky. YOU would like those bee note cards!

    As for the basement incident, I HAVE to keep a sense of humor to maintain sanity! That sweet boy is like Murphy's Law, I tell ya.

    I love how this flag turned out. I have about 4 ideas to make for next year & this is one of them. Thanks!

    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flag! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is an awesome creative project. we have a pile of old fence wood in the garage. hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friends for taking the time to leave a comment, I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts