Denim Diaper Box

I just love turning trash into treasure.
Two things we have a lot of over here are diaper boxes and old jeans. It was only time before I joined the two together to make this cute little cubbie.
The steps are so simple...
1. I shortened my diaper box and made dividers with the excess cardboard. Hot glue works great to keep these in place.


2. Cover the inside, I used black spray paint because that's what I had.


3. Grab your old jeans or fabric and measure the outside
cut four pieces- cut two a little bigger to wrap around the sides.
Glue the two bigger sides down, I used Elmer's glue and it has worked out fine,
then I frayed the two remaining sides and glued them down
4. Finally I added the denim ruffle and the fabric flower. Below is a picture of my new, fully stocked, denim diaper box. It is ready to help keep my car a little more organized.

I am joining this awesome new party!!!!
freckled laundry

Comments

  1. Ohhhhhh, that turned out cute! I like the embellishments, the dividers are very cool, and free is my favorite price!

    Thanks for commenting on my custom size bins. The fact that you had a diaper box to use explains why you were visiting at 2:43 in the morning *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic! What a great idea! Thanks for linking up to A Round Tuit!


    I hope you have a lovely week!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use a diaper box to organize stuff in my car too, but, um, it still looks like a diaper box! Yours looks fabulous. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course the back of YOUR car would have an adorable box for keeping supplies handy. I love how you take something purely functional and make it beautiful. You are so talented, my friend. What I want to know is how you made the denim ruffle. You AMAZE me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky ~

    That is a great idea for reusing something and creating something useful for organizing in style. Lovely idea...even to use as a "baby gift box" to give a new Mom-to-be filled with lots of baby essentials.

    Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love denim and use quite a bit of it in our home! The box is adorable, and such a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a genius idea!!! I love that you upcycled denim and it is so chic. Thank you so much for linking to my first air your laundry Friday party.

    Hugs,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just might have to follow suit! Such a neat idea...i have plenty of diapers in this house and a whole lot of old jeans I've been wondering what to do with. Also, I've been on a little organizing kick lately and have been needing some baskets, but am too cheap to buy some right now. Hmm...:) Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks friends for taking the time to leave a comment, I love hearing from you!

Popular Posts